Close to my Heart scrapbooking and cardmaking products

I'm an independent Close to my Heart consultant! If you're interested in our wonderful line of products, you can check them out or order online on my website at: Francine.cmth.com.au



12 October 2011

Online Crop Weekend - Part 3 - Layouts

There were four layout challenges in the online crop weekend that I participated in, and I finished three! That's pretty amazing for me since I'm such a slow layout maker. Even better was that I could make a layout for the latest Southern Girls challenge about men/boys at the same time! Here's the layout I came up with about my son (I don't usually blur my kids faces, but decided I should this time).
This layout was based on this sketch by Julie Bonner. In place of the journalling circle in the bottom left corner, I put a medallion made with my EZ Cut- Fold flower #5 die instead.  This is a simple layout, but I think it turned out pretty well. 



The second layout was another sketch challenge. I can't read the signature on the bottom so I'm not quite sure where it came from, sorry :-( I decided to make it about Spring in Canberra. These photos were taken a week or so ago. I so love all the flowering trees around Lake Burley Griffin! The layout is a bit busy I think, but it's starting to grow on me.  



I used one of the flowers I made for the 'make your own flower' challenge (see right), as well as the Marianne Creatables butterfly die. (To those of you who regularly read my blog I can hear you saying "again?!") I also used my MFT Die-namics decorative doily die to make the journalling spot.  



The chipboard flower is from my TLC stash, and the flower beads and glitter letters - who knows where and when I bought those! All the papers are scraps from other projects. I also used some glimmer mist over a tree mask from Tattered Angels on the background cardstock. That's the first time I used that mask which I got as part of a mini album kit (still unmade). 


I love how the last layout turned out. The challenge was to make a no picture layout. I've wanted to record a particular comment from my daughter for some time and didn't know how, but this challenge was perfect! The story goes that my husband has been going interstate quite regularly (as in weekly!) and every time he returns my daughter asks "Did you bring me a present?" It's become a bit of a joke and I just had to record that! So, I had lots of fun finding scraps of paper and ribbons to make presents. I also created three, monthly calendars from an online site (calendarlabs.com) which I altered slightly in MSWord then printed out. I added places he went (well, I actually made them up since I can't keep track of all the dates!). Then I put them all together and this was the result. I love it! What do you think?


Well, that's it for me today. Till next time, happy days!


Francine

1 comment:

Viv said...

hahaha! So was he pulling faces? Fab LO, its hard not to go all girly , you've done a great job!
Thanks for playing at Southern girls. Viv x