Close to my Heart scrapbooking and cardmaking products

I'm an independent Close to my Heart consultant! If you're interested in our wonderful line of products, you can check them out or order online on my website at: Francine.cmth.com.au



2 October 2011

Always in our Heart

Oh my goodness, where did September go?! While I completed a few things I haven't posted anything, but I really wanted to show you this one!



This layout is one that I made with the August Wrapped in Paper monthly challenge kit. There was little in the way of paper in it, only one full sheet of  patterned paper (I can't remember the maker now), a half A4 sheet of gold and black striped paper and a half 12"x12" piece of Teresa Collins lace look paper. For the rest there were two flowers, a chipboard heart, two pieces of lace and a length of ribbon. The paper had a large carnival scene on one side so I used the reverse which was a deep maroon colour, although it is showing as more purple/red in this photo :(


I was inspired to make this layout by this one by Celeste Vermeend that I saw on the Scrap the Boys challenge site. I absolutely loved all the layering of papers and bits and pieces and just had to scraplift it. So thank you Celeste for the inspiration!


I ended up raiding my stash to find things to use. I found several papers and die cuts with gold to match the gold/black striped paper. I also embossed some black cardstock and then rubbed gold ink across it. I still had a few printed chipboard embellishments from an old TLC kit, and a frame that I picked up somewhere in my travels. I diecut some daisies from the papers as well as the large butterfly and doily. I stamped the "En Francais" (SU) background stamp on a label diecut and found a small printed vellum butterfly as well as a small metal key. I also added some buttons and scraps of a floral patterned paper and some gold corner stickers. The stark black and white Teresa Collins lace paper didn't go with the rest of the layout, so I used some fired brick distress ink to colour it. 


butterfly die cut from Marianne Creatables
The photograph is of my grandmother a few years before she died. The colours in the photo were all wrong with the papers so I turned it into a sepia tone picture (after much ado - but that's another story!). 


All in all I love the way this turned out, and the visitors to Wrapped in Paper obviously thought so too since I found out today that I won the September monthly challenge! Yippee!


Padlock and key - spellbinders die cut
I'll leave you with some more close-ups.




Till next time, happy days!
Francine

No comments: