Close to my Heart scrapbooking and cardmaking products

I'm an independent Close to my Heart consultant! If you're interested in our wonderful line of products, you can check them out or order online on my website at: Francine.cmth.com.au



28 October 2011

Bract vs Flower




 
I completed this layout for the October Get Picky sketch challenge. It's their one year anniversary and they're having a blog hop as well! Of course I've left it to the last minute again as the challenge closes at midnight tonight, but I did manage to get it finished! 

Kaleidoscope before cutting with the decorative doily die
Kaleidoscope before cutting with the lotus die
Other than the ribbons and flowers from my stash I made all of my own embellishments. I made a couple of kaleidoscopes from the photos and then die cut them with my Big Shot. I made a couple of other die cuts from paper from my stash and used some glimmer mist with a brass stencil that I had forgotten I had. I used some fired brick distress ink to colour the edges of the papers, and after cutting the letters for the title out of the pink polka dot paper that I used, I coloured them with my Sakura Stardust pens (Rose Star and Gold Star) so they would match the pink bracts picture and the yellow flower picture. That was pretty much it - finished!

journalling
I do have several more layouts to share, I just need to find some time to post them first.
Die-Namics decorative doily die cut

Till next time, happy days!

Francine

Fillable Frames Die #10
Decorative Label punch (EK Success/SU)
Limitless layers (circle B/lotus 3")



Cuttlebug Baby Face alphabet (for letters)
Cuttlebug Typewriter (for small arrows)

EZ Cut Small Corner#2 (Sullivans)misting through Anna Griffin Brass stencil (5800S)










4 comments:

Keri said...

Lovely layout, and wow, you really do all those gorgeous dies justice, love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the sketch you used and the layout turned out lovely.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Fab work!!! You've really matched the photos well here! :D Thank you so much for playing along with us at Get Picky!! :D

Nikki xx said...

Such a lovely take on our sketch Francine :) Love how you've used all those dies too. Thanks so much for sharing your page with us at Get Picky :)