Close to my Heart scrapbooking and cardmaking products

I'm an independent Close to my Heart consultant! If you're interested in our wonderful line of products, you can check them out or order online on my website at: Francine.cmth.com.au



14 March 2011

Bows

I posted just the photo of this layout yesterday so that I could link it to a challenge at Apron Strings (and still managed to miss the link - only by a few minutes though!). The challenge was to put something on your layout on an angle. In my case it was the photos and the butterflies. Anyway, I thought I should come back and add some more pictures and tell you the story of this layout.

It was made with my monthly Wrapped in Paper challenge kit. Unlike last month, I really liked this kit, but am a bit sad about the way it turned out in the end. It looked much better in my head, LOL! I once again forgot to take a picture of the kit before I cut it up, so I'll try to tell you about it. It had two pieces of cardstock, the yellowy cream that I used for the background, and a piece of beige. There were two pieces of patterned paper by Webster's pages (Feather Fashion and Stardom), as well as two lengths of cream ribbon (which I layered on top of each other in the centre of the layout), the large chipboard flower and two chipboard flourishes, the purple and green flowers, a length of string and the white flocked design paper strip.

I found this great sketch (by Michelle Fowler for Handmade by Suzanne) while blog hopping and instantly fell in love with it. Since my photos were landscape though, I flipped the sketch 90degrees to the left. Initially I tried to colour the chipboard with ink, but it just didn't turn out right, so I ended up colouring it with twinkling H2Os. They're much brighter than I would have liked, but at least the colours match!

I cut a lot of the flowers out of the papers, and had the most difficulty in using the piece of string. In the end I put double sided tape under the centre of the chipboard flower and wound the string inside the space. I did this once before on an ATC that I made, and I like how this looks. I punched the butterflies from the patterned papers with my Martha Stewart (stamp and) punch. For the title I added some silver glittered letters from my stash, and pierced some holes in the corners to finish it off. I guess the layout is ok - but certainly not one of my favourites. I do really like the photos though! They're pictures of my dad and his older sister when they were children in the 1930s. I guess that bows were in then for little girls since the pictures span a period of five or so years and my aunt has bows in her hair for all of them! I think it's quite cute.
Well, till next time, happy days!

Francine

1 comment:

Patchi said...

Beautiful layout! I love the old photos and how you embellished the page!