Close to my Heart scrapbooking and cardmaking products

I'm an independent Close to my Heart consultant! If you're interested in our wonderful line of products, you can check them out or order online on my website at:

3 March 2012


Here's my latest challenge entry. This one is for the PageMaps Webster's Pages sketch contest. I loved this sketch and had an idea in my head straight away, but as is often the case, the actual layout didn't turn out anything like I planned! About half way through I was ready to throw in the towel and forget the whole thing, but I persevered and I think it turned out well in the end!

I used the monthly kit from my LSS - Wrapped in Paper. The papers are from Bo Bunny (the yellowish one under the photos and the strip along the middle) and Kaisercraft (the green tag is the backside of the patterned paper frame around the layout). There was Bazzil black cardstock, a small strip of the dominoes patterned paper, the canvas tag under the flowers in the centre, the wire ribbon that I stretched over the canvas tag, the purple ribbon and the black lace ribbon under the paper under the photos.

See the misting and embossing?
I started out by stamping a Tattered Angels Garden Blossom Trees stamp in the centre of the page and heat embossing it with clear embossing powder. I stamped the tree with white ink, but that obviously didn’t work! I then put a matching glimmer screen over the tree and sprayed green glimmer mist over the top. It just turned out kind of muddy looking. At this point I was going to give up because the paper had buckled slightly, the mist didn't really show up and the stamp even less so. But, I don't like to waste anything, so I kept going and I think by adding all the rest of the papers and die cuts it all came together.

The dies I used for the die cuts were: Die-Namics framed greetings die (which I then cut in half), Die-Namics Prima Donna Petals, and Die-Namics Dog Tag. The green rafia behind the top flower came from some packaging I had saved, and I embossed a piece of acetate packaging with Craft Concepts Ornate Treasures Oriental Fans embossing folder. Before embossing I put some orange ink on the raised part of the folder so that it transferred to the raised part of the acetate. I then attached it behind the left hand flower although it's a bit hard to see in the photos. I used my Cuttlebug Baby Face alphabet dies for the title, then drew around the letters with my Sakura clear stardust gel pen. A few silver brads and some orange rhinestones and it was done.

The photos were taken last October while I was on a bike ride around the lake. The sails were so colourful I just had to photograph them.

Till next time, happy days.

1 comment:

Lainie said...

Wow I love this one too!