Close to my Heart scrapbooking and cardmaking products

I'm an independent Close to my Heart consultant! If you're interested in our wonderful line of products, you can check them out or order online on my website at: Francine.cmth.com.au



25 March 2012

Discover


Every two weeks at Bird is the Word, they release a new word for that fortnight's challenge. They include a sketch too, although you don't need to use it. When I saw the sketch (by Mary Thomas) for the word Discover however, I just knew what I wanted to do.
I love taking flower and insect photographs so made a collage using one of the Scrapbooks etc collage templates (no 505) that I flipped and altered slightly. The quote "For observing nature, the best pace is a snail's pace." by Edward Way Theale, Naturalist, 1899-1980 is a photo of one of the quotes inscribed into the boardwalk at the Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve - it's so true. I then printed it onto canvas paper. Unfortunately this meant that the quote wasn't terribly clear anymore, but I still like the textured look.

Then I set about putting the layout together, following the basic design of the sketch. I used only things from my stash: cardstock from TLC, a remnant of some green patterned paper, some handmade paper covered by a piece of (Colorbox) printed vellum. I embossed the vellum with the Ornate Treasures Secret Garden embossing folder by Craft Concepts before layering it over the handmade paper.

The circle and frame dies were from a die cut swap I participated in (thanks Lainie!), and the Fanciful Flourish is by Cheery Lynn Designs. I layered a Martha Stewart butterfly punch over a butterfly cut with the Cheery Lynn Designs Exotic Butterflies (small) die. To finish off I added some Kaisercraft pewter pearls and some pieces of ribbon that I bought recently at Costco.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Hope you like it too!

Till next time, happy days!
Francine

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Love your LO Francine.. the photos are gorgeous and I love the textured background!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at BITW :)

Teresa Zuehls said...

Beautifully done! The photos are gorgeous and I love all the pretty embellishments you used.

Mitralee said...

This is very lovely with all the beautiful flowers. Great page!