Close to my Heart scrapbooking and cardmaking products

I'm an independent Close to my Heart consultant! If you're interested in our wonderful line of products, you can check them out or order online on my website at: Francine.cmth.com.au



3 June 2011

Cowgirl



Well folks, it's been a long time since I put up a new post, but that's not because I have nothing to share, it's just because I have been so busy. So I'm going to spend some time writing some posts, and this first one is especially for Kylie. (I would put one of those cute little moving smiley icons waving at you here if I knew how!) I want to say thanks Kylie for having me over to your place last weekend and letting me use some of your masses of goodies! The layout I finished when I got home (because I stupidly forgot to bring the photo with me!!) was this one. I really like it despite its simplicity.

The layout is based on a sketch from Ideas for Scrapbookers called Postage Stamp. While it's really a Christmas sketch, you can see that that's not the purpose for which I used it, I changed the inverted scallop border to a different border (using Kylie's Loops border punch), and didn't put on all the embellishments on either.


Thanks to Kylie I was able to cut out the doilies with a Dienamics die. She also provided the stamp for the middle of the doily (Papertrey Ink), and the bit of brown fibre under the title. The rest of the stuff was mine from my stash. The patterned papers are quite old ones from TLC. I also used some cardstock, flowers, brads, and stick on pearls, none of which I'm sure who by. The title was made using a new alphabet die set that I just bought. I then coloured it with my clear Sakura stardust pen (you know the ones I always rave about) to add some sparkle.


As far the photo is concerned, it is of Kyaa when she attended a friend's birthday party and had to come dressed up as a cowboy. The background (believe me!) was very distracting so I cut just her out of the picture and threw the rest away. I think that it looks quite effective.


Until next time (maybe even today), happy days!


Francine

No comments: