Close to my Heart scrapbooking and cardmaking products

I'm an independent Close to my Heart consultant! If you're interested in our wonderful line of products, you can check them out or order online on my website at: Francine.cmth.com.au



30 April 2011

Our 2 Little Stars

Earlier this month I made this digital layout using a sketch by Pam Callaghan from Ideas for Scrapbookers. I love this sketch so decided to make a paper version of the sketch as well, and use the Wrapped in Paper monthly challenge kit to do it. Since there was a chipboard robot in the kit that needed to be used, I went through some old photos from 1999 of the kids as toddlers, hoping to find some photos of Logan making something. Well, I found these photos of the kids that I’d taken at Floriade instead, so decided to go with the star theme that was both in the robot and the diecut paper. I love how this layout turned out and I think it’s one of my favourites ever. Here it is!

This is the kit I started with: white and grey Bazzill cardstock, half sheet of diecut paper, half a sheet of patterned paper and an A4 sheet of blue checked paper as well as two pieces of ribbon, some red Kaisercraft mini letter stickers and the chipboard robot. I thought that the blue checked paper clashed terribly with the grey cardstock so had to put them as far apart as possible! From my stash I also dug out some orange Basic Grey (I think!) paper scraps, a TLC tiny tag, some mini Kaisercraft beige coloured letter stickers and (shock, horror!) some red star eyelets that have been in my stash forever!

Here’s another look at the sketch I was using. I rotated it 90o this time.

I found putting this layout together was a bit fiddly, probably mostly because I’m a perfectionist and the circles had to be just so. I cut out the circular photos, circles from the checked paper and rectangles of patterned paper first. Then I laid them out in order and stuck them onto my craft mat with removable tape. I then cut the circular bits out where the circular paper and photos joined the other patterned paper. Then I lifted them all off my craft mat and attached them to the cardstock. I’m thinking there must be an easier way to do this, but I’m not quite sure how. I added the other embellishments and used the 2 from the diecut paper as part of my title.

The end result I think is stunning. Hopefully everyone who votes at Wrapped in Paper will think so too!

Till next time, happy days!

Francine

1 comment:

Michelle H. said...

Beautiful LO!!
Love all the stars!!
Thank you for joining us over at Scrappassion for the mini album challenge!
Happy Monday!