Close to my Heart scrapbooking and cardmaking products

I'm an independent Close to my Heart consultant! If you're interested in our wonderful line of products, you can check them out or order online on my website at: Francine.cmth.com.au



12 July 2010

My Croppy Summer Assignment #7

Well, I don't believe it but I've actually finished all this week's challenges on the Apron Strings blog! My Croppy Summer Assignment #7 is to select one of your first layouts and use something on it to inspire a new layout. The first scrapbooking layouts that I ever made were my wedding photos. In hindsight that was probably a silly thing to do since I taught myself to scrapbook and never took a class, so maybe I should have started with something less precious. However, when I look at those layouts now, I wouldn't change a thing, even though my style has changed some now. Though, maybe my style hasn't changed that much because, the original layout I chose, and the one I made today are still quite similar in style! Here is my original layout.


I was inspired by the rows of photos across the page, and the different colour cardstock through the centre. This is what I came up with today.


I used the green cardstock with the rust coloured edge to replicate a mini golf course hole. I put some brads in to represent the balls, and used a toothpick as a stick to support the 'flag'. Since the course was all about pirates and there was lots of netting around, I used a piece of an old onion bag to tie together the pictures. I scanned the score card and printed it smaller and in booklet form so I could write the journalling on top. I also scanned the logo from the scorecard and mounted it on foam tape to represent an obstacle on the course. The title used flocked chipboard fonts from Forever in Time. All in all, while the layout is still simple in style, I think it turned out well!


Till next time - happy days!

Francine

2 comments:

Lori said...

Awesome! And brave to do your wedding at the beginning of your scrapbook career - mine (20+years later remain in a box). Love the new layout, so bright and fun.

Susan said...

another fabulous layout -- love all the extras -- like the netting!