Close to my Heart scrapbooking and cardmaking products

I'm an independent Close to my Heart consultant! If you're interested in our wonderful line of products, you can check them out or order online on my website at: Francine.cmth.com.au



12 July 2010

Apron Strings Summer challenge #8

My Croppy Summer assignment #8 over at the Apron Strings blog comes from Elizabeth Kartchner's "52 More Scrapbooking Challenges": Use Media to inspire your next layout; books, CD's, DVD's, movies. . .

I found this article in a magazine I was reading and while I like the title, I didn't really notice that till later. What immediately caught my eye was the grid pattern of the photos and the way the words overlapped the photos on the right side. So that is what I mimicked. Here's my layout.

(Sorry about the picture quality - it's night here so there was no natural light!)This layout came together quickly other than the time it took to resize all the photos. I used a scrap of paper (Basic Grey, I think) on white cardstock. The title is made up of letters from ki Memories icicles, Been There Done That (rub ons), and Heidi Swapp ghost alphabet. The embellishment in the top corner is from a2zscraplets. I painted it with Twinkling H2Os. The photos come from our trip to the Amazon in 2007.


Well, I've run out of steam and need to go to bed, so unless I get up early (highly unlikely seeing as I'm a night owl!) I don't think I'll get to assignment #7. I guess only the morning will tell.

Till next time - happy days.

Francine

2 comments:

Lori said...

Congrats on getting all the assignments over at Apron Strings completed! Awesome work all around. I hope you'll play again.

Susan said...

love the look -there are times when we need to get a lot of pictures on one page -- and this looks fabulous.