Close to my Heart scrapbooking and cardmaking products

I'm an independent Close to my Heart consultant! If you're interested in our wonderful line of products, you can check them out or order online on my website at: Francine.cmth.com.au



27 April 2012

on TOUR


Here's my latest layout. I used the monthly challenge kit from my LSS, Wrapped in Paper. From the paper colours (Velvet Ensemble Collection from Kaisercraft) I decided to use some photos from our trip to the Northern Territory last July. I used the word See in my title so it qualifies for the latest Bird is the Word challenge as well.

So, I know I say this almost every time I finish a layout, but I really do love how this one turned out!! I'm loving using distress inks and used them to add stamping to the papers. Since the reverse of the cream and green papers was just wrong with the photos (wrong colours and too busy) I thought that if I added some Stampin Up! En Fran├žais script background and Stampin Up! Botanicals flowers in Frayed Burlap ink that it would add a little something to the papers so they were a bit more interesting.

I had already decided to add the small photographs to the layout and printed them, then realised that the fourth paper I had to use from the kit included the film strip, and that the small photographs were just the right size to fit the openings. Of course I had to make the openings first! I used the anywhere hole punch for punching eyelet holes to cut the slightly curved inside corners, then connected the holes with my exacto knife, and voila, the centres fell out and I was left with just the black frame part. Pretty ingenious if I do say so myself!

Of course one of the photos was portrait orientation so I had to put that one separate. I have been saving postage stamps with interesting pictures on them, and had this one of a young Aboriginal boy. Since the Red Centre is the home of many Indigenous families, this stamp seemed appropriate to add to this layout, and it was the perfect size. I added a few leaf and stamen die cuts (MFT Die-namics PrimaDonna Petals) and the small photo embellishment cluster was ready.

The flower in the top right corner and the green one on the left side were made with the Stampin Up! scallop circle punch and the middle flower and the stamens from the PrimaDonna Petals die. The green flower and the cream and red ribbon were both part of the challenge kit. I added the green chipboard stem (floral design 04) from Scrapmatts to the green flower.

The red sheer ribbon was also in the kit. What to do with that? I was just fiddling with it, so I'm not exactly sure how, but I made the flower from it. I basically folded the ribbon in half lengthways, and every 2cm or so I sewed it together on top of itself so that it made petals and came into a circle. I sewed it onto the black flower from the kit, and then added the discover label to cover up my stitching. I added a couple of die cut leaves and put it on top of the black lace that was leftover from another monthly challenge kit.

I put it all together by vaguely following AnnaMarie Mondro's interpretation of sketch #65 from GotSketch? I finished it off with letter stickers from Scenic Route and Kaisercraft for the title, and a few cream coloured brads in the flower centres. I love it and hope you do too!

Till next time, happy days.
Francine

6 comments:

Becky said...

Francine, what wonderful talent you have! I love those sheer flowers you made. And how cool that your small photos just fit in the film strip. Beautifully done!

Cathy said...

Beautiful page Francine.. love the colours and mix of pp's and the filmstrip looks fantastic!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at BITW :))

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Wonderful layout with great details!

Ashley Rock said...

love it!!! such great colors!

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Love the way you fitted the small pics in the film strip!

Em Stafrace said...

Fabulous page Francine, so great to see a multi photo page you did it beautifully, thanks for subbign at BITW :))