Close to my Heart scrapbooking and cardmaking products

I'm an independent Close to my Heart consultant! If you're interested in our wonderful line of products, you can check them out or order online on my website at: Francine.cmth.com.au



5 February 2012

What a Galah



Here is my latest layout for Frosted Designs, Sketch Along Tuesdays Sketch #33. Apologies for the photo, but it was taken at night. The colours are quite wrong - the cardstock base is dark grey and the patterned papers are more pink, rather than peachy.  I've uploaded better photos now that were taken during the day. 
This is the sketch. I turned it 90 degrees. 
All the papers are from my stash, as are the brads, sequins, beads and floss. I cut the bird out with a Stampin Up two step bird punch. The flower and leaf sequins around the circle's edge were attached with brads, but the other flower sequins were attached by sewing seed beads to their centres. To add some definition around the centre circle I stitched a grey floss border. 
The flower printed vellum under the long pink paper strip was cut with a MFT wonky border die. I then embossed it with the Swiss dots folder.
The main part of the title was die cut with the Cuttlebug Baby Face die and placed on a die cut file tab, and the smaller part was printed on Dymo tape. Here are a few close ups.





Till next time, happy days!
Francine

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the papers you used for your layout. They are perfect for your pics. Thanks for joining us for our latest sketch challenge over at Frosted Designs.

Claudia said...

WOW ~ your pages are so amazing, just LUV looking at them ... got an award for u on my blog ... hope u like it :)
Hugs,
Claudia

Lainie said...

I love Galahs! How neat to be able to scrap about them.