Oh my, I have been neglecting my blog lately, haven't I? I haven't posted in almost three months! It's not that I haven't done any scrapping, although I haven't done much, it's just that life, and a broken down computer got in the way! But, I have some time, and the computer is fixed so I have something to share with you all.
It's been a while since I did any challenges at SouthernGirls so I thought it was about time! The current challenge appealed to me - White on White. I quite like monochromatic challenges and I have recently received a ton of die cuts and embossed pieces of paper from a swap on my members only site - The Crop Room. I had a sketch from Becky Fleck of Page Maps that I liked with lots of little squares and figured I could use lots of embossed paper pieces from the swap as well as making a few more with some of the embossing folders I received for hosting the swap. I had fun going through my stash to find white embellishments too. Once I had found everything cut and/or embossed the papers, the layout came together really quickly and I absolutely love the result! I love how the colour photos really pop out of all the white. Want to see?
It's interesting that all these papers looked white individually, but once they came together the difference in the whites is amazing. I love it! I will try and tell you what each square is from left to right starting in the top row:
- embossed with Cuttlebug Swiss Dots, flowers were an op shop find (stud earrings) with sequin leaves
- ? - one of the embossed papers I received for the swap. It's on a shiny kind of plastic (thanks Jenny)
- embossed with Cuttlebug folder with vines and little birds - can't find the name of it (thanks Janice), and pearls
- left over scrap of flocked paper from an LSS challenge kit. Sticky backed pearl
- piece of photo paper wrapped with ribbon through a (Junkitz?) buckle, pearl
- embossed with The Paper Studio script folder (thanks Nita), ribbon scrap, photo clip and sticky backed bling
- Cuttlebug vine and bird folder, pearls
- magic mesh over paper with die cut from teh swap (thanks Nita) and bling brad
- ? - embossed piece from the swap (thanks Kathy)
- as per second square in the top row
- left over scrap of glittery vellum from an LSS challenge kit, on top of a plain piece of white paper. Sticky backed bling
- left over scrap of flocked paper from an LSS challenge kit as per second row, first square. Sticky backed pearls
- embossed with Cuttlebug folder with swirls (thanks Janice)
Butterflies from the swap (thanks Nita). I embossed the bottom one with the vines and bird folder, and the middle one with the Swiss dots folder. I punched the top corners of the journalling tag with an EK Success corner punch. The 'Wetland' part of the title is a photo of the sign at the wetland, and the little letters are my Carolees Creations. More sticky backed pearls and bling, all on top of a piece of Bazzill white cardstock, and the layout is done!
I'm really pleased with the final result. Is it uncool to pin yourself (on Pinterest)? I just might!
Till next time - happy days!