I completed a layout and card challenge for the CRII member's site that I belong to. The challenge was actually lifted from the Apron Strings Blog.
It was a double challenge to make 1 layout and 1 card from
1x sheet cardstock
1x sheet patterned paper
1x any chipboard accent
1x a couple of blossoms
1x length of ribbon
The creator Lori from Apron Strings blog says ..."Remember, besides a title and journaling no extra items can be used. If you need more cardstock to create your card, that is the exception."
Initially I thought this might be difficult, but it turned out to be relatively simple, considering that I'm a pretty simple scrapbooker anyway. I didn't use any ribbon, and didn't need the extra piece of cardstock and even have a bit of cardstock and patterned paper over! Want to see what I actually created? Here it is:
I really did only use one sheet of patterned paper - it was just that it was double sided so I got two different patterns from the same sheet. The paper is from the Urban Garden series from Stampin Up! For the layout I cut off part of the cardstock and the patterned paper. I then stuck them together to make one 12"x12" sheet as you can see from this photo of the back of the layout. I added the photos, and wrote some journalling onto strips of the reverse side of the patterned paper that I used my Stampin Up! word window punch to round the corners on.
The title "Hamilton" was made from some foam alphabet stickers that I painted with moonlight Smooch. The flower embellishment was made from the Roof Garden Accents & Elements kit of stickers/die cuts from Stampin Up! I painted the centre of the flower with Smooch too.
I used a raw chipboard flourish from Porta Craft. I painted it with gesso, then painted it again with the Smooch. Altogether I really like how this one turned out.
In case you're wondering, the photos were taken along the river front in Hamilton, New Zealand, during our trip there in January this year.
For the card, I cut a piece off the remaining cardstock and folded it in half so that it would fit into a DL sized envelope. I simply cut some narrow strips from the patterned paper, added a flower embellishment, and then a TLC rub on from my stash for the sentiment and the card was finished! That's the quickest I have ever made a card, but I think it is quite effective.
All in all this was a fun challenge - why don't you give it a try too and show me what you come up with!
Till next time - happy days!