Close to my Heart scrapbooking and cardmaking products

I'm an independent Close to my Heart consultant! If you're interested in our wonderful line of products, you can check them out or order online on my website at: Francine.cmth.com.au



31 January 2010

January CRII Challenges


A scrapbooking/card making group I belong to is having a year long challenge to make a card and a layout every month. I'm going to do my best to participate each month.

The January card challenge was to make a card using buttons and/or bows. I don't necessarily like making cards so this is kind of a challenge for me. Still, I've accumulated a number of card making items over time, including quite a lot of stamps, and some pre-made cards. For the challenge I used one of these pre-made cards that had 9 circular holes in the front. I found 9 buttons that fit inside the holes and sewed them on. I added a bow and used a stamp for the sentiment, and as an embellishment at the top.




Here's a photo of the card partially opened so you can see the circular holes.



For the layout challenge we had to make a layout about food and/or drink. I went through my photos and found a number of photos related to food or drink. I was actually surprised to find so many, I didn't realise I had taken them! In the end I decided to do a layout about the time we ate Pad Thai from a street stall in Chiang Mai, Thailand. It's a simple layout, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Till next time, happy days!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Love your card! Way to go you got the LO done too! Doing much better than I am!