Close to my Heart scrapbooking and cardmaking products

I'm an independent Close to my Heart consultant! If you're interested in our wonderful line of products, you can check them out or order online on my website at: Francine.cmth.com.au



15 November 2010

On the Amazon River

The latest challenge at Southern Girls Challenge is to use something pertaining to transport/travel. Well considering the amount of travelling we've done, I figured this had to be easy, but it was actually difficult to decide and in the end I decided to use the photos themselves. I picked some photographs from our trip to the Amazon in 2007. They're of our trip down the river. Considering we spent such a long time actually on the river getting to our destination, I figured they were worthy of a layout and an explanation.

I used papers from Stampin Up! namely tea Party Designer Series Paper, and barely banana cardstock. I cut some flowers out of the patterned paper to use as embellishments, some of which I stuck on with foam tape. I highlighted some of the flowers with my Sakura star pens (love them!). I also used a piece of ribbon from my stash, as well as a couple of flower brads. For the title I used some flocked chipboard and small foam letters, also from my stash. The font I used for the journalling is one of my favourites - Marker Fine Point.
Here are a few close ups.




Till next time, happy days!

Francine

1 comment:

karenw said...

Ok, that trip is now officially on my 'to do' list, what a great way to see the country side. Hasn't that time flown since you had your big adventure, the kids have grown so much since then..

I love the balance of this Lo, I always struggle with journalling but this is really well done.

thanks for playing with us at southern girls. xx