Close to my Heart scrapbooking and cardmaking products

I'm an independent Close to my Heart consultant! If you're interested in our wonderful line of products, you can check them out or order online on my website at: Francine.cmth.com.au



26 August 2012

Z @ four


These adorable photos are of my youngest niece. She lives on the other side of the world and we talk to her via Skype but had only met her in real life once before. That was when her family came to Australia when she was two. So, it was great to catch up with her again when we went to North America for my parents' 55th wedding anniversary and family reunion last month.

When she is happy to have her photo taken she's a real poser, but she can be just as stubborn about not posing when she doesn't want to either. Thankfully I got these gorgeous shots of her having fun in the water one day. I thought these photos were just perfect for the latest Page Maps FancyPants sketch contest too.

I loved the simplicity of this sketch by Becky Fleck, and it really suits my style. The hardest thing was finding an embellishment to use instead of the jar. 

Once again, I'm using things from my stash. This is an old TLC Runway kit. The only things not TLC were the cutting dies that I used to make the branches (Memory Box - Woodland Branch 98187), the circular medallion (Nellie's Multi Frame MFD041), and the buckle in the top right hand corner (Memory Box - Locina buckle 98184).

With the circular medallion I love how when it's used with double sided paper that you fold the cut parts over and you get another colour or pattern showing through. It's probably not as obvious when both sides of the paper are patterned (like here), but if the back is a completely different colour, it can be quite stunning. I'm sure you'll see me use this one again.

Anyway, I'm very happy with how this layout turned out. I'd love to hear what you think!

Till next time, happy days.

Francine

No comments: