Close to my Heart scrapbooking and cardmaking products

I'm an independent Close to my Heart consultant! If you're interested in our wonderful line of products, you can check them out or order online on my website at: Francine.cmth.com.au



3 October 2011

Desert Blooms




This layout was made for the latest PageMaps blog challenge using this sketch by Becky Fleck. I flipped it on it's horizontal axis. 


The photos are of some of the flowers we saw while we were in the Red Centre (Northern Territory, Central Australia) in July. For a supposedly dry desert area, there were quite a lot of flowers! I’m so pleased that we saw both the Sturt’s Desert Rose (second from the left) and the Sturt’s Desert Pea (main photo).  

I used paper scraps that I have had in my stash for a very long time! I die cut most of the papers to make the embellishments.

Here’s what I used for the top left embellishment cluster:
Papertrey Ink small Limitless layers die to make the doily frame, then layered it on top of
Papertrey Ink Fillable frames #10
Flower names printed onto paper and cut out with EK Success label punch from Stampin Up!
Leaves made with Sizzlits Little leaves (red ones) and SU 2 step bird punch (patterned leaves)

The title is made from Basic Grey (Fruitcake) stickers.

Bottom right embellishment cluster is made from:
Marianne Creatables LR0115 butterfly
EZ Cut Cut&Fold Flower#5 with a small Joy Crafts daisy flower in the centre
The red ‘flower’ was cut out from one of my kaleidoscope cards using the larger Papertrey Ink Limitless Layers die.

To finish it off I used a couple of pewter coloured brads and I used the Sew Easy paper piercer to pierce the holes for the stitched frame.

I love this layout, but then that’s nothing new, I generally like all my layouts when they’re first finished!!

Till next time, happy days!
Francine

No comments: