Close to my Heart scrapbooking and cardmaking products

I'm an independent Close to my Heart consultant! If you're interested in our wonderful line of products, you can check them out or order online on my website at: Francine.cmth.com.au



27 June 2011

Rock Art (at Fantail Falls)



I finished this layout quite a few days ago but I seem to run out of time when it comes to posting these days. I'm entering this layout in the Southern Girls Challenge, anything goes. Unsurprisingly there are 100's, literally, of entries this fortnight! So, maybe mine will take it up to 400...


I was originally going to make this layout for this challenge over at Apron Strings (using Blue and white), but once I started it wasn't turning out any good so I canned that idea and sat on it for a few days. And,guess what - shock, horror, I didn't use a sketch!!! That's the first time in ages. Still, I think it looks like I used a sketch - probably because I've used so many now. Despite it not turning out how I first anticipated, I love how it turned out. The muted green of the Kaisercraft papers I think is just wonderful. I picked up the rub on branches at the Craft Show last year for $1 I think, and I love how they look. I also had these rock alphabet stickers that I picked up somewhere some years ago that turned out perfectly for this layout. Too bad there was only one of most letters and I needed 2 Rs but there was only one of those, so had to change to plan B... So, what do you think?

The pictures by the way were taken at Fantail Falls in Mt Aspiring National Park on New Zealand's south island during our Holiday there in January. We had seen a few of these rock piles around the place, but when we turned the corner off the path from the parking lot we were greeted by hundreds of them. Naturally Kyaa had to make one too. She said it was pretty hard to make them balance, but she managed a little pile in the end!

Well, till next time, happy days!

Francine

3 comments:

karenw said...

Love this Francine, Not usually a fan of the old kaiser craft paper lines but loving their newer stuff. I just bought the 8x8 pad from this line but haven't used it yet.
The photos go perfectly with the muted greens, just beautiful.

thanks for playing (with everyone else in the craft world!!)with us at southern girls this wekk. xx
PS see you tomorrow night, will be fun. x

Claudia said...

WOW< I love this page, it's so kool....
Claudia W.

Claudia said...

Hey I'm back again, ... :) got something for u over on my blog... :)
Claudia W.