Close to my Heart scrapbooking and cardmaking products

I'm an independent Close to my Heart consultant! If you're interested in our wonderful line of products, you can check them out or order online on my website at: Francine.cmth.com.au



28 March 2011

How Time Flies!

My, how time flies! When I saw this sketch from Ingeborg on her scrapbooking competitions blog, it reminded me that I've been wanting to make a layout showing how my kids have grown over the years. So I took photos on their first day of school every two years. When you see them next to each other like this it really makes you realise how time flies!
For the layout I took the sketch and flipped it for the right hand side in order to make it into a double page layout. I find it really hard to make a layout of one child and not the other, certainly for layouts like this, so I had to make it into a double pager. Since I used four different patterned papers, this layout also satisfied the requirements of the Apron Strings birthday challenge number 15 as well. Three of the papers are from the Basic Grey Lemonade collection, and the striped one is from Wild Asparagus. I also added some tags from K&Co., rub ons from TLC, and metal embellishments that I bought at the Dollar Store when we were living in Canada four (!) years ago. I finished it off with some kitchen twine and dark green floss.
This layout is simple,
but I really like it, and I can't get over how the kids have changed so much. as I said in the journalling - gone are those adorable little children and in their place are two confident young people! I'm proud of them.
Till next time, happy days!
Francine

2 comments:

Patchi said...

What a great LO! I love how you used the sketch as a double pager! And it worked perfectly with the biannual photos!

Lori said...

Layouts like this really bring it home on how quickly they change and grow doesn't it? Beautiful work!