Close to my Heart scrapbooking and cardmaking products

I'm an independent Close to my Heart consultant! If you're interested in our wonderful line of products, you can check them out or order online on my website at: Francine.cmth.com.au



21 March 2010

Project 12 - February 2010 Layout



I've had the photos for this layout for over a week, but haven't had a chance to get to this layout, so I'm pleased that I finally got it finished. This is my second layout for Project 12 at Scrapbook and Cards Today. Two down, ten to go!

This month's sketch allowed for 7 photos. I love that these sketches give me the opportunity to put lots of photos on a page. I've always felt that while single photo layouts can be absolutely beautiful works of art, that the real reason for scrapbooking is to record the events and everyday happenings of life. Of course that requires many photos and lots of journalling. These sketches allow me to do just that!

Once again I used the papers and embellishments from the scrapbooking kit that I purchased from Aldi last year. My intention is to use the same kit for all the Project 12 layouts and to keep them in the matching album. So far, so good. I'm not sure whether I will actually have enough papers, but I guess we'll see as the year goes on. The cardstock is from my TLC stash, and I also added a few buttons, some ribbon and some edging from my stash. The ribbon was left over from a competition kit but wouldn't stay stuck with the double sided tape I was using, so I sewed it to the page. That ended up being difficult as it was hard to see through the ribbon to the holes I pierced for the purpose. Both of the edgings I used were white but I coloured them with bronze Versamark ink.

During February the kids started a new school year. We had two and a half days of rain, the most we've seen in months. The grass is actually green again instead of brown and dead! There was so much rain in that period in fact that Lake Burley Griffin was so full that they opened Scrivener Dam. It proved to be quite a draw card, and like most of Canberra we too went to have a look. This month also saw the winter Olympics being held in Vancouver. We were all cheering for Canada during the ice hockey and the kids went to find the Canadian flag to have out during the game. Both kids also had lots of badges that they had traded during their Guide and Scout camps in January. They all needed to be sewn on to their camp blankets, so much of their time was spent sewing! Some were sewn on better than others, but at least I didn't have to do it, although I did help with a few of the more difficult badges.

I like how this layout turned out. I like it better than last month's.

On the left is the left hand side on its own. Just click on it if you want a closer look.



On the right is the right hand side.



I have another layout done for my LSS monthly competition, but won't post it just yet as I feel there's something wrong with it at the moment. I'm still trying to work out how to improve it.

Till next time, happy days!

1 comment:

Davinie Fiero said...

Those buttons are perfect! I wish I had thought of that.
Thank you so much for playing along!