Close to my Heart scrapbooking and cardmaking products

I'm an independent Close to my Heart consultant! If you're interested in our wonderful line of products, you can check them out or order online on my website at: Francine.cmth.com.au



20 February 2010

PageMaps Scrapdango Sketch Contest

Over at PageMaps blog they are having a sketch contest with fabulous prizes from Scrapdango. The sketch was for an 8.5 x 11 page, but I only do 12x12 so I altered it to fit the bigger size. Here's my take on it. (Note you can click on any photos on the page and see them larger.)


The papers and embellishments I used were from my local scrapbooking store (Wrapped in Paper)'s monthly layout competition kit. The kit contained a sheet of Bazzill cardstock, one full sheet and three half sheets of patterned paper from SEI, glitter cardstock strips from UPIKIT, 4 flowers (I don't know who from) and a sheet of alphas from Raspberry, called Princess. This is what the kit looked like before I used it.

I also added a chipboard flower from Bella Chipz, Versamark inks (bark, orchid and fresh green), a rhinestone brad, some light green floss, a pink flower and some ribbon from my stash. I finally fixed the needle on my tiny sewing machine and added some stitching through the ribbon, and on the top right corner of the layout.

I used the back side of the multi coloured striped paper to cover the chipboard flower and inked the edge of the stem part with the green ink, and inked the flower part with the orchid ink. Then I added a pink flower from my stash, one of the green flowers provided and kept it all together with the rhinestone brad. I added a few x stitches over the stem.

For the journalling block I used the green stripes from the multicoloured striped paper.

The photos were taken from the train that runs between Cairns and Kuranda, in far north Queensland. G and I took the Skyrail (gondola) up to Kuranda. After a lovely day in Kuranda we came back down the mountain in the train. About half way down the mountain the train goeas across this bridge right in front of these falls. They're not the most spectacular falls I've ever seen, but still pretty nice. The most well known photos of the Kuranda Scenic Railway are always of the train on the bridge in front of the falls, in fact it's part of their logo. That would have been a more spectacular photo, but not possible to take from the train :)!!

Till next time, happy days!

No comments: